The game is developed in various languages (French, English, Italian, Slovenian) to allow its use in several European countries, it is composed of the following elements :
• an environment in real time 3D (3D immersion) representing a mountain region, a large lake and several mountain rivers,
• 18 mini-games showcasing water-related educational issues (fight against groundwater pollution, introduction to organic farming, understanding of wastewater treatment methods, discovery of the food chain...),
• numerous living species that we modelized and animated in 3D in a realistic way :
• mountain animals (fox, boar, chamois...)
• lake species (Florida turtle, pond turtle, frog, beaver...)
• birds (kingfisher, ash curlew, swan mussel, eurasian bittern, great crested grebe, grey heron, black kite...)
• fishes and crustacean (pike, carp, lavaret, perch, artic char, white-clawed crayfish...).
• A well-known Alpine legendary animal, the dahu, who helps the player before and after each mini-game.
Some of these mini-games can be played online with other players simultaneously (multiplayer mode).
Lake Adventures is an immersive 3D awareness game including three aspects :
• Fun : developed and tested with young players in order to maximize impact.
• Education : validated by educational experts specialized in environmental awareness for young audience.
• Science : validated by hydrology experts and specialists of the wildlife, fauna and flora presented in the game.
Developed under the supervision of CISALB (Comité Intersyndical d'Aménagement du Lac du Bourget), based in Chambéry (French Alp mountains), this project is part of the European Project SILMAS (Sustainable Instruments for Lakes Management in the Alpine Space).
This project was developped in partenrship with several organizations specialized in the awareness and protection of Alpine lake environments in France, Germany, Austria, Italy and Slovenia.