A revolutionary transmedia educational tool
The game "La Confrérie de l'Ombre" is a real educational tool that can be accessible via several interfaces :
• a downloadable application for Android and iPhone/iPad smartphones and tablets,
• a dedicated website,
• a game booklet available in the museums and downloadable from the game's website.
Educational contents can be of several types :
• awareness mini-games aiming at discovering general topics about art or a specific art work, the secrets of a masterpiece, the artist's inspiration, the historical context of creation...
• animated artworks seen through augmented reality,
• fictional videos,
• webdocumentaries with educational purposes.
A new type of cultural mediation
For partnering museums :
• The game is a cost-effective promotion tool that can boost the number of visitors.
• When developped for several museums in the same scenario frame, the game can help the cross promotion of museums that are close geographically or artistically :
- In a single player version, players can be incited to play in other museums to continue their adventure and increase their score,
- Alternatively, a multiplayer version can enable online collaboration or competition between players visiting differents museums (sharing of clues, discoveries, team game...).
For schools :
An innovative educational tool raising artistic awareness using modern communication tools, a language adapted to young users and topics from schools' curriculum.
For the players :
• a fun social learning tool with cool collaborative functionalities,
• Optional awards : investigator diploma, entries to the museum, art books...
For local authorities :
In partnership with territorial development organizations, the game can serve the touristic development of a territory.