Managing project teams (pensum)
Training goals : develop your skills in managing project teams
This simulation has been created by Prendo Simulations Limited, a UK limited company and was developed originally for a project management training and consulting firm.
It gives participants a dynamic experience of controlling project execution in the safety of a simulated environment.
Even for experienced project leaders, achieving project objectives consistently on-time and on-budget remains a difficult and sometimes elusive goal.
Structuring effective control procedures for the muddle, ambiguity and stress of complex projects is essential to successful delivery. To improve their control of projects, participants using the simulation develop their capabilities in the following areas: Managing project success; Managing risks and uncertainty; Establishing appropriate control over the project; Managing the project sponsor; and Using communication effectively.
Who is this for :
• Project and program managers,
• Managers and directors, project sponsors
• Entreprises : Areva, BAE Systems, BT, Deloitte, GSK GlaskoSmithkline, Nestlé, Oracle, SAP, Shell, Unilever...
• Education : HEC, IESE Business School, IMD, Insead, London Business School...
Training context :
• Under a trainer's supervision
• Participants organised in teams of 3 or 4, in order to share experiences
Training goals :
• Develop Managing Project capabilites such as :
• Managing project success, Managing risks and uncertainty, Establishing appropriate control over the project, Managing the project sponsor, Using communication effectively
Duration : Within 1 or 2 days workshop
Structure of simulation : Dialogues between participants and virtual characters
Scenario : The simulation is based on a sophisticated model of an entire project, including tasks that are driven by resource and risk factors and team member behavior.
• Photo-realistic environment in 2D static (no move)
• More than 5000 possibilities of written dialogues
Participants need to structure and use control procedures and actions during the implementation of the project, while dealing with the uncertainties and risks in the time, cost and quality of delivery of the project’s tasks. They have at their disposal the tools of project management, such as GANTT charts, EV graphs and risk logs.
They must decide how to interpret this information on an on-going basis, how to use it for making adjustments as the project progresses, and how to communicate the appropriate information effectively with project team members and sponsors.
Contacts are taken by email, phone calls and meetings.
The simulation is typically used within 1 and 2 day workshops, for between 9 and 40 participants
Copyright Prendo Simulations Limited
All Rights Reserved